By Allen Olatunde
God is timeless and timely. He is never in hurry, always on time, never early, never late on any occasion and on any issue. Ultimate love of God was shown to the world at the fullness of time at Christmas. There is time for everything. God is never in haste. God released Jesus Christ into the world at the fullness of time. God became man to save the world from doom. Jesus was born when darkness was thoroughly influencing the world – Roman government and her laws prevailed, Judaism ideologists increased (Pharisees and Sadducees) and the world was empty of divine revelation, only philosophy strived – the search for wisdom to solve man’s problem.
REPLICA OF CREATION STORY AT CHRIST’S BIRTH
God created the earth and a time came when God’s attention was needed; it was prompt. God was not late to reform, transform and complete what He started.
• There was emptiness, shapelessness and darkness at creation (Genesis 1:2a “The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep…”) and these also occurred before Christ was born. The world was almost in total darkness of new culture and revolution, new language (Greek – everyone was forced to learn it as national language), new ideas, interpretations of scripture and tradition of elders, new government (Roman Empire and Sanhedrin), new religion and leaders (Buddha – Buddhism, Confucius – Confucianism, Zoroaster- Zoroastrianism, etc.), philosophers (Socrates, Aristotle, Areopagus, Pythagoras, Plato, Epicurus, etc.) – no access to divine revelation after the book of Malachi until the dawn when Christ was born. The darkness lasted for 400 years of war, enslaving, search for wisdom, search for God, and hatching of new cultures/values. Emergence of Christ opened up “Thus says the Lord”.
• There was a spoken Word of the creation (Genesis 1:3a “And God said…”). This became a living Word when Christ was born (John 1:14 “And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory…”).
• The spoken Word brought the light for creation (Genesis 1:3b “Let there be light, and there was light”), so also Christ the light of the world (John 1:4-5 “In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. And the light shines in the darkness and darkness did not comprehend it”).
JESUS’ BIRTH WAS TIMELY
• His birth Ended Darkness Of Death, Fear, Ignorance And Trouble (Luke 1:78-79 “Through the tender mercy of our God, with which the Dayspring from on high has visited us; to give light to those who sit in darkness and the shadow of death…”; 1 Peter 2:9b “…that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light”).
• His birth Brought New Order To The World System (Hebrews 7:12 “For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of law) – BC (Before Christ) to AD (Anno Domini – In the year of our Lord) – 6-4BC - His birth was at the dividing point of world history and the connector of God to other generations, Judaism to Christianity, limited spirit-filled people to unlimited anointed children of God, tooth-for-tooth to love your neighbour as Christ loved you, etc.
• His birth Brought Salvation from Sin, Devil, Flesh and Horror of Lake of Fire (Rom. 8:1-2 “There is therefore condemnation to those who are Christ Jesus, …He has made me free from the law of sin and death).
• His birth Brought To Us Freedom From Oppression (Luke 4:18 “The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me, because He has anointed Me to preach the gospel to the poor, He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, …to set at liberty those who are oppressed”).
BIBLICAL TRUTHS WHICH PROVE THAT GOD NEVER COMES LATE
1. CROSSROAD AT THE RED SEA (Exodus 14). When all strategies could not be implemented, Pharaoh at the back and red sea at the front, God showed up beyond imaginations.
2. 3 HEBREWS AT THE ENTRANCE OF BURNING FURNACE (Daniel 3).When the time to defend and live for what they believed came, the fire was hotter and God could not be denied, then God showed up not outside the fire but inside the fire. He is never too late.
3. DANIEL AT THE MOUTH OF LION’S DEN (Daniel 6). When all conspiracies succeeded and God did not respond, Daniel was throwing into den but God was already in the hole, calmed the animals and made home for Daniel. God is never late.
4. WOMAN WITH FLOW OF BLOOD FOR TWELVE YEARS (Mark 5:21-34). When physicians’ reports overrule God’s promises, God is not sleeping. The woman received her miracle at God’s time.
5. WEDDING CEREMONY AT CANAL OF GALILEE (John 2:1-11). When the occasion was at the peak, lack, worries, confusion and failure came but the Lord of all moment showed up at His time.
6. A MAN BORN BLIND FOR 40 YEARS (John 9). Neither his sin nor his parent held him captive for years in darkness but God reveals His glory at His time. Your miracle is timed. Wait! It will surely come.
7. STINKING LAZARUS IN THE GRAVE (John 11) lived again after four nights in the mother earth. Lateness of God is never a disappointment.
• We have disappointment with God when we look at calendar.
• And December 31st is not the end of God’s plan for you.
• There is still hope for your future.
• We live in the days of scientists’ achievement and space age. We fast-track everything but God is not governed by man’s principles, law, theory, reports or technology.
• Psalm 30:5b “Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning”. Psalm 102:13 “…For it is time to show favour to her, the appointed time has come.” Somebody’s time has come day.
• You can still be saved, healed, raised, helped, restored and renewed.
• Your home can still enjoy the joy of the beginning. Your children can still love the Lord.
• God never sleeps nor slumbers. He is timely and accurate.
• Do not give up on God, for He will not give up on you (Job 14:7-9 “For there is hope for a tree, if it is cut down, that it will sprout again, and that its tender shoots will not cease. Though its root may grow old in the earth and its stump may die in the ground, YET at the scent of water it will bud and bring forth branches like a plant”).
• The birth of Jesus is timely for you. Your life, health, business, spiritual life, education, etc. can still be renewed if you can accept the salvation and lordship of Christ.
• This season reminds us the timely faithfulness of God to mankind.
• Again, God never comes late. Wait patiently for Him.
• He is coming back again. He will never be late or slow about it. If Christ was born and the Jews in the town did not know or prepare for Him, so also He will come without telling anyone.
• Accept the gospel now or never when death strives without allowing anyone a second chance.
• Let’s pray.